Spousal Support

Experienced Lawyer — Alimony or Spousal Support in Pennsylvania

Montgomery County | Bucks County | Philadelphia County

Your marriage has ended. There are no disagreements about custody or visitation with minor children, and you’ve been able to work out agreements on the distribution of property and marital debt. But you can’t come to a resolution regarding whether or not there should be an award of alimony or spousal support. Perhaps you have given up your career to take care of the family home, and lack the experience or skills to earn enough to maintain the lifestyle you had. Maybe your ex-spouse has asked you to pay alimony, even though he/she has adequate resources to live comfortably. You want an experienced attorney to protect your interests.

At the office of attorney Joanne E. Kleiner, we have advocated for men and women in family law matters for more than 25 years, including clients involved in disagreements about the payment of spousal support. We built our practice and our reputation on a commitment to personal service and attention. We will take the time to learn as much as we can about your situation, as well as your goals, so that we can formulate the most effective strategy to get the results you want. We will keep you informed and involved at all times, apprising you of all developments in your case, as well as your options and likelihood of success.

For a private consultation, contact us online or call our office at 215-886-1266 to set up a private meeting.

Woman shopping for groceries

Our Representation in Alimony Disputes

In Pennsylvania, the court has the discretionary authority to order spousal support, based on a number of factors, including:

  • The age and health of the parties
  • The length of the marriage
  • The earning potential/capacity of each party
  • Any inheritances or other expectancies of either party
  • The standard of living established during the marriage
  • Whether or not either party engaged in marital misconduct

We will carefully review all the factors and help you determine whether a grant of alimony is warranted and, if so, how much should be paid and for how long. If an order is put in place, but circumstances change, we can help you seek to modify the court’s order.

Contact Us

Let us put our commitment, experience and dedication to work for you. To arrange a confidential meeting with an experienced Pennsylvania family law attorney, contact our office online or call us at 215-886-1266.

Montgomery County Bar Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
International Academy of Collaborative Professionals