Both children – and parents – have rights within family law proceedings.
- A CHILD has the right to love each parent without being subjected to the other parent’s hurt or anger.
- A CHILD has the right to develop an independent and meaningful relationship with each parent and to enjoy the uniqueness of each parent and each home.
- A CHILD has the right to be free from involvement in parents’ personal battles, including being used as a spy, messenger or bargaining chip.
- A CHILD has the right to extended family relationships that include relationships with grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and others, and to appreciate the unique differences of each side of his or her family without having these differences referred to as “better” or “worse.”
- A CHILD has the right to be free from questions about the other parent’s private life.
- A CHILD has the right to see his or her parents treat each other in a courteous and respectful manner.
- A CHILD has the right to develop and maintain activities and friends without fear of losing time with a parent.
- A CHILD has the right to be a CHILD without having to assume adult and/or parental roles or duties.
- A PARENT has the right to love and nurture one’s child without harassment from the other parent.
- A PARENT has the right to respect and courtesy and has the obligation to show respect and courtesy.
- A PARENT has the right to attend and participate in a child’s special activities.
- A PARENT has the right to information regarding a child’s physical, mental and emotional health.
- A PARENT has the right during parenting time to follow one’s own standards, beliefs and style of child rearing without interference from the other parent.
- A PARENT has the right to a separate and private life.
Contact Jenkintown Child Support and Family Law Attorney
Just because you are involved in a family law matter does not mean that you, nor your child, has to sacrifice your rights. To discuss your situation and learn your rights with an experienced family law attorney at Joanne E. Kleiner & Associates, in Jenkintown, PA, please call 215-886-1266, or you can fill out our intake form and we will contact you.
We serve clients throughout Montgomery, Bucks, Philadelphia counties, and the surrounding areas.